On this episode we continue with Dr. James Cox's presentation on spinal manipulation and the immune system. He presents information on the parasympathetic nervous system and the vagus nerve.
James M. Cox, DC, DACBR, FICC, Hon.D.Litt., FACO(H)
Dr. Cox is the developer of Cox® Technic Flexion Distraction Manipulation and the proud participant in the on-going federal research projects involving the National University of Health Sciences, Palmer College of Chiropractic Research Center, Loyola Stritch School of Medicine, University of Illinois, University of Iowa, Auburn University, etc. He is a member of the postgraduate faculty of the National University of Health Sciences and has been privileged to speak throughout the world.
About Dr. Cox
· Ramer MS: Rapid sprouting of sympathetic axons in dorsal root ganglia of rats with a chronic constriction injury. Pain 1997; 70
· Kupka, Johannes & Kohler, Annika & El Bagdadi, Karima & Bostelmann, Richard & Brenneis, Marco & Fleege, Christoph & Chan, Danny & Zaucke, Frank & Meurer, Andrea & Rickert, Marcus & Jenei-Lanzl, Zsuzsa. (2020). Adrenoceptor Expression during Intervertebral Disc Degeneration. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 21. 2085. 10.3390/ijms21062085.
· Browning KN, Verheijden S, Boeckxstaens GE. The Vagus Nerve in Appetite Regulation, Mood, and Intestinal Inflammation. Gastroenterology. 2017;152(4):730–744. doi:10.1053/j.gastro.2016.10.
· Komegae EN, Farmer DGS, Brooks VL, McKinley MJ, McAllen RM, Martelli D. Vagal afferent activation suppresses systemic inflammation via the splanchnic anti-inflammatory pathway. Brain Behav Immun. 2018;73:441–449. doi:10.1016/j.bbi.2018.06.005
· HHS Public Access Author manuscript Brain Behav Immun . Author manuscript; available in PMC 2019 January 04. Published in final edited form as: Brain Behav Immun . 2018 October ; 73: 441–449. doi:10.1016/j.bbi.2018.06.005.